Today was the big day! Amira is officially a Member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints! What an accomplishment! (now she is questioning my spelling, lol, they grow up all too fast!) There is a saying, poem or song that talks about the white dresses a girl wears, 3 white dresses, blessing dress, baptism dress, & wedding dress. But oh, to think of such things... When our nephew (Elder Waite) went into the MTC, it was around that time that I gave Richards nice suit away, because he'd outgrown it... So throwing the two things together got me to thinking, Richard will be mission age in 10 years!
I guess you could say I am very emotional lately, but a simple country song just makes me cry... & thinking of the future, just reminds me of the past... And my how they've grown! And watching them learn, & grow through lifes blessings and challenges. Beautiful things are discovered here, and I cant help but think how much I learn being a part of their lives!
So anyways, hope you enjoy the baptism pictures, hope they turn out better than the birthday ones, lol.
I hope the pictures portray that this little girl lives up to her name, (of course when its important, I mean you should see the way she eats, lol) Amira, means Princess, Belle means Beautiful, and of course Smith means Celestial (so I have heard so many times:)
Ok, so I am a very pleased step-mom!
And I have finally completed some of the scrapbook pages for Richard's baptism, so I will take pics of those and post them...
Happy Holidays Family We Love YOU!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Snikkers & Nephi
Reids cat & bird~ this cat is way too funny, we have pics of her with our Rotty~laying on the same bed
Optmous Prime
Great Grandpa & Amira
@ Thanksgiving time-Amira is always interested in learning new things-& Really enjoys learning the things that her Great Grampa teaches her-He taught her how to loom hats, and now he is showing her crossword puzzles.
Richard & Great Grandpa
Richard has to show off his toy-He bought it with hard earned money:)
Horses @ Grandpa's
Rowena & the girls
Father & Daughter
So very Beautiful!

3 comments:
Yes, she does look beautiful! Congratulations, Amira. And Naomi, the time does go by fast in hindsight!
Reid, you're not looking too shabby yourself!
Love you guys!
that is awesome!!! Congrats Amira on getting baptised!!! You have such a cute family!!
by the way, I LOVE HER DRESS!!!!!
Post a Comment