Friday, October 17, 2008

I love fall!!

I marvel at how fast time flies, & the beauty of each passing season! Five years ago seems so long ago, yet so short... Reid & I just celebrated our 5th anniversary! I am Thankful to have that time behind us & look forward to the many adventures that lie ahead! I knew then that being married to Reid would be, an adventure! I am certainly Thankful for the many experiences we have had, the challenges & trials, the love & friendship that have blossomed beautifully with time. Though any who observe will know we are not perfect, nor do we try to put on that facade! For me, being a step-mom has been heart breaking, enjoyable, & a life changing experience! I enjoy the slamming door, then hearing Amira's loud 'Hi Peoples' (she is always the first through the door) on the nights they come home, of course I dont wait for that, I am watching the clock, watching for the bus, or listening for the sounds that go on outside while they walk to our home. (the goats go crazy, so I know that they are home!)

I have made a lot of mistakes in these last five years! But I am Thankful to say I have the Lord on my side & I know he is leading me in this rough parenting. I am not sure if I can teach the kids to overcome how I have spoiled them, but I am confident that we are leading them in such a way, that they will overcome the stigma of the divorce & all (or most) the challenges that come with that. We have faced some crazy moments! Though I would like my focus to be on all the wonderful things, such is not life. I try to find the positive in all things, the lesson to be learned, The Adventure!

1 comment:

Marie said...

Happy 5 years! I'm glad you updated your blog, I've been looking for you! That's a pretty area. We love waterfalls.

Snikkers & Nephi

Snikkers & Nephi
Reids cat & bird~ this cat is way too funny, we have pics of her with our Rotty~laying on the same bed

Optmous Prime

Optmous Prime

Great Grandpa & Amira

Great Grandpa & Amira
@ Thanksgiving time-Amira is always interested in learning new things-& Really enjoys learning the things that her Great Grampa teaches her-He taught her how to loom hats, and now he is showing her crossword puzzles.

Richard & Great Grandpa

Richard & Great Grandpa
Richard has to show off his toy-He bought it with hard earned money:)

Horses @ Grandpa's

Horses @ Grandpa's
Rowena & the girls

Father & Daughter

Father & Daughter
So very Beautiful!