Ok, so in Relief Society, the teacher asked us all to think of something we have sacrificed... and I could not help but think of all the trivial things I thought I could never give up when I went to the temple, such as clothing~ and I thought of many others... well when they got to me, it just so happens that someone had handed me one of the clipboards that go around... and it distracted me, so much that what I had planned to say ~all those trivial things~ didnt come out... Instead I started crying instantly (whoa was not expecting that!) and said, through my sobs, I am not kidding! marrying a man with kids... That is all I could choke out! Yikes how embarrassing, ya know so everyone in there is probably thinking that... well I dont care anyways, I just wish I could have finished, but I was literally shaking, and turned bright red... The sacrifice, is so selfish, but, sending the kids back to their Mom, it is so hard~ I love them so much! And after it went around the room more, I thought every sacrifice anyone has mentioned has brought great blessings! Mine included, I mean, when Amira says to me "What are we going to do to celebrate our anniversarty?" I thought you are right, it "our" anniversary, all 4 of us, because when I married Reid, I also accepted his children, lol... so not too long after me breaking down, a sister, that I did not recognize, say, "you know, everything that has been mentioned has brought great blessings" bless her for saying my thoughts~ I dont know why that shook me up so bad... because I am so blessed to have them in my life! Even with the constant opposition of the Mother!
so another funny thought... We started, in 2009 taking the wall paper off of Amira's new room, sanding it, and getting it ready to be painted, she says (this was before her birthday~) so she say's "I bet you wont have it done by even my Next birthday" I said, thanks for the pessimism kid! lol, so then I tell her, ya know what would motivate me more? if you kept your room clean so I can see how bad you want a bigger room! ok, so as time passes, we make progress, get all the wallpaper removed, its looking great, peel up the carpet so we dont get it dirty, and all that fun stuff... for over a YEAR! litterally, I could not get her to keep her room clean, so as to not be like her Mom, I box everything up and put it in her new closet... that was last spring sometime. I tell her as she maintains a clean room she can earn her boxes back one at a time~ (oh, her Mom would have just thrown everything away) I knew I could not box up her clothing because she grows too fast... so I added a dresser to her room... even after ALL this, she still could not keep her room clean... So at Christmas time, I said, while you are here (talking to them both) I would like you to clean your rooms... So one morning Amira wakes up, and says I am going to clean my room! I was the pessamist this time~ I thought sure you are.... So much to my delighted surprise she did! and it looked amazing! So I told her she could have the dresser that would be going in her new room, so we totally rearranged her room making it messy and then making it clean again~ so after all that time I thought this is not going to last... But it has, she is so pleased with it, she just keeps cleaning it every chance she gets. So I pull the carpet back in her new room which has now become a storage room and start pulling one box out at a time and wow! she was totally not that thrilled on Christmas (well when we celebrated it) Day! she was squealing and giggling! it was priceless! so as she chose some items to leave and some to stay boxed up I am thinking Yikes here goes her room.... she has proved me wrong still! She is so so excited that she has so many of her toys back and that her room is still Clean!! I am so happy for her!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Snikkers & Nephi
Reids cat & bird~ this cat is way too funny, we have pics of her with our Rotty~laying on the same bed
Optmous Prime
Great Grandpa & Amira
@ Thanksgiving time-Amira is always interested in learning new things-& Really enjoys learning the things that her Great Grampa teaches her-He taught her how to loom hats, and now he is showing her crossword puzzles.
Richard & Great Grandpa
Richard has to show off his toy-He bought it with hard earned money:)
Horses @ Grandpa's
Rowena & the girls
Father & Daughter
So very Beautiful!

No comments:
Post a Comment